The information below is being kept for existing customers
in the event they need access to this information.
Arrowpointe Maps is an on-demand application that facilitates the conversation between Salesforce.com & MapQuest allowing for easy deployment of mapping capabilities in your organization and providing end-users a simple means for mapping their data. Arrowpointe Maps is configurable and can be tailored to your organization, so that your users can work with their information in a meaningful way.
Frequently Asked Questions
What data can be mapped?
Using all the available mapping approaches, you can map anything with an address.
How does it work?
There are several approaches to plotting your data on a map:
- Map Pages: These are configurable query pages that your administrator configures for your users. It provides end-users a simple user interface for using just the fields they care about to see their data on maps. Map Pages support mapping your Salesforce.com Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Cases, Campaign Members and custom objects.
- Map from Views: Custom buttons are downloaded in the AppExchange application that you can place on your Salesforce Views. This lets you check a box next to the records you wish to map in a view and map those records. These buttons are provided for Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities and Cases.
- Map from Reports: You can pull in a Salesforce Report to be your source data for a map. This is what essentially lets you map any data in Salesforce.com, so long as it has (a portion of) an address.
- Search Nearby (proximity searching): From any Lead, Account, Contact, Opportunity or Case, you can click a “Search Nearby” button to view a map of that record along with the ability to look for other Leads/Accounts/Contacts within a user-defined proximity.
There is also a Routing feature that lets you get multi-point driving directions using your Salesforce.com database as the source of available addresses.
What editions are supported?
Arrowpointe Maps supports Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, Platform and Developer Editions.
Group/Team Edition is not supported because Salesforce does not provide API access to those systems. If you are a Group/Team Edition user and would like to be informed of Group/Team Edition support, please fill out the form below and ask to be added to the list for that communication. Note that Geopointe does support Group Edition.
What countries does it support?
The countries that Arrowpointe Maps supports can be found here.
Can I see a demo?
Yes, visit the demos page to see all the various demos of the product.
Is it on-demand?
Yes. We host the infrastructure. Like Salesforce.com, Arrowpointe Maps is an on-demand solution and is purchased via subscription.
What if addresses are stored in custom fields?
No problem. Part of the configuration process is to tell Arrowpointe Maps where your address data resides.
Can the maps be configured?
Yes. There are several ways to configure your maps, including:
- Specifying the fields to include (standard or custom) in the mapped data
- Selecting fields to be used as filters (standard or custom) on map query forms
- Creating many flavors of map pages (e.g. “Partners Map”, “All Accounts Map”, “Customer Map”). You have to see it to know what this means.
- Creating custom data sets to search within when using the Search Nearby feature.
How much does it cost?
Arrowpointe Maps is no longer being actively sold as all development has moved to Geopointe. Existing customers are welcome to continue using the functionality, but are encouraged to migrate to Geopointe when it is convenient.
Is it certified?
Yes, Arrowpointe Maps is certified by Salesforce.com.
Do you store our Salesforce.com passwords?
No. You can only access Arrowpointe Maps once you have already authenticated with Salesforce.com. Arrowpointe Maps will leverage your Salesforce.com session.
Do you store any of our data?
What are the Terms of Service?